Thursday, May 17, 2012

Montagne Jennesse Fruit Smoothie Mask

Hey Everyone,
   So I'll be bringing you all a review on Montagne Jennesse Face Masks, and in particular the Fruit Smoothie Pore Cleansing Crushed Raspberry and Mango Mask.  You can purchase these masks at Walgreens for sure, but I have spotted them once in a while in Rite Aid and CVS. These are those packet masks that are usually brightly colored and can be found inbetween the makeup and facial cleanser sections and retails for roughly 2 bucks a packet.

I was reluctant to try this mask because I have tried the Passion Peel Off Face Masque which broke me out like CRAZY. So needless to say, it was not a nice experience. But alas, I still had three packets still left. So I sucked it up and decided to just test it out. I used it about 3 days ago and have had a chance to check for breakouts etc.


What is it?
A mud/ clay masque that dries out on your skin to pull out the gunk in your pores. 

The claims?
To be pore cleansing and leaving the skin "softer".

Scented?
Yep, Crushed Raspberry and Mango. Now if I didn't know the name of it, I wouldn't really be able to pinpoint the scent. It's fruity and yummy smelling though.

The Pro's:
It dries in decent time and you get a nice amount of product. The smell is fun and just kinda a "pick me up". It did leave my skin soft feeling and surprisingly clean.

The Con's:
Well it seems the product is packaged to be a one time use, but the amount of product given is really able to be used twice, but there is no way to reseal it for later use. I folded it over and clamped it shut with a clip. Granted it's two bucks, but you get .07 oz, and I don't know....I just feel like I'm not really willing to toss half a packet into trash.. But for the amount I spent on all four packets, I can purchase a nice big bottle of a masque and use it many more times.

So overall:
I won't be repurchasing. They are not stand out products to me, but they aren't too bad either. This mask sits in the middle of not bad and not good. So if you enjoy the fun fruity scent...give it a try!

xoxo,
Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment