Friday, May 25, 2012

Birchbox Series: Befine Food Skin Care Exfoliating Cleanser

Hey All,
   Yep I'm on a roll with my Birchbox series! So today's product is the Befine Food Skin Care Exfoliating Cleanser with Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond and Oats (Phew try saying that 5 times fast!!) Birchbox gave a nice sized sample of the product (1.5 oz) and this lasted me roughly 2 -3 weeks, so that gave me a chance to really see what it was about. Of course if you have any further questions, comment below and I'll answer them as soon as possible. So, on we go...


1.       Befine Food Skincare Exfoliating Cleanser with Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond and Oats. (February 2011) full size: $25 
Yes, I did cut into the product to get every last bit (heehee)

According to Birchbox:
“Finding an exfoliator that’s effective without irritating your face is a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack (and a scratchy haystack at that). This two-in-one product has gentle beads that first slough away dead skin cells and then melt into a creamy cleanser. It’s ideal for anyone who has sensitive skin or who simply wants to exfoliate every day.”

My Take:
Well this was a good exfoliator, my only slight issue with it (and this may be my own fault) is that I take VERY hot showers, so when I would use this product, the sugar scrub portion would melt away very quickly.  I usually could not get to scrubbing my entire face before it had melted away. Now the cleanser did melt into a nice creamy consistency and it was gentle enough for me to use daily and not be afraid of overdoing it. The formula is nice and on the thicker side with plenty of scrubbies. I did not see it really help my skin with acne, although it did leave my skin feeling fresh.  It is a natural product so the scrub did have some oil which would leave a slight film on my skin so I would follow up with some soap or even just a hot washcloth.

How much do you get?
4 oz for 25 bucks.

Did Birchbox make me want to buy it?
This was something I would not have tried otherwise, and yes I think I would purchase, but just not from Birchbox. I know the flash sale website Hautelook has this brand on sale every few weeks and the price goes down to 11 bucks. So I might purchase from there instead. So Yes Birchbox… you have made me want to purchase this.

 Have you been using any Birchbox products?
xoxo,
Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment