Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers

So I adore tinted chapsticks. They make my lips feel smooth and healthy and still leave enough color so I don't have to be hunting down my gloss/ lipstick. My favorite brand that I recent discovered (I know shocking!) is the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. They usually retail at 4.99 at Walgreens.

The two shades I picked up was the champagne and the rhubarb. The champagne is a straight up frosty-shimmer. It's good to use to tone down a really bright lipstick, or gently dab onto the lips. What worried me when I picked up the Rhubarb shade was that it would be too dark for my complexion, but as it turns out, it's a lovely shade of a bronzy, muted red. I really like the way it stays on my lips, and doesn't settle into every crease.

Scent wise, there is a light minty smell, and when you put the product on you get a soothing menthol feeling on your lips. I personally love that feeling because it heals my very chapped lips.

I really like this line of the products and will repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment