So today I was watching on youtube a new tag going around that was created by Macbarbie07 called the Summer Besties. It's just a list of the summer favorites in different categories. So I figured I would turn this into the blog version of the tag and give it my little bargin twist on it. My views on summer makeup is to basically go much more light-handed than I do at winter time. Summer is when we are getting that glow and don't need to pack powders on like there's no tomorrow. I know that during my summer vacation I am literally pool-work-gym-pool-beach routine so I don't want to be packing a big makeup bag with me. I do love to tan out on the beach (gasp...) but I do use something with SPF in it (*calming sigh*) SO...
2. Blush: I love my benefit blush in dandelion. It's just pinky and shimmery enough to be worn in both winter and summer. It adds the little extra oomph and when I have a day I don't want to look like I have make up on, I dust it lightly and it doubles as a highlight. I use the Wet N Wild bronzer in Acapulco Glow in certain spots to just highlight. It's a light shade so it's not a bronzer perse but adds a little gold reflects.
4.Liquid Face Product: For summer WATER! Crazy as it sounds water is the best and cheapest way to a healthier and more glowy/ radient face! It's been proven that when you sweat your pores are being cleaned out, so yes as gross as it is...sweating is good!haha. On a more seirous note, it keeps skin and our body hydrated and removes puffiness in the face. How's that for a cheap, always available miracle product!?
5. Powder Face Product: Um...I really don't use many powders during the summer. It's a little too much upkeep for day to day with my summer activities BUT if I had to pick something, it would be a pressed powder. Just something transluscent with a mirror is good. I've found ones from L.A. Color that were for 1 buck and work great!
8. Self Tanner/ Tanning Item: I love using Hawaiian Tropical products because they just SMELL like summer. Especially the tanning products, they have a coconutty scent which I will only wear at the beach, but when I wear it OH MY GOSH. I know it's summer!
9. Fashion Accesory: I would have to say silver toned hoop earrings. Not the small ones you wear for work that are about an inch, I mean 3 inch, classy hoops. I love how they look on tan skin, and are perfect for day and night. You can find these anywhere, Claire's is a great place for cheap but nice earrings for about 5.99. They always have some sort of deal so you can stock up on your faves!
10. Clothing Piece: I would have to say my dresses. I have these gorgoues dresses, mainly from Urban Outfitters, that have a '20s look to them. They are fun and flirty and just awesome! They always scream summer because I'll wear them to bbqs or parties or a night out in the city :)
Hope this was a fun read for everyone! What are some of your besties for summer?