Sunday, May 22, 2011

Project Palette (Update)

Hello all!
  So recently I started this project to go through all my makeup mini palettes and try to use up colors and then consolidate them into one big homemade palette.  Well, I can safely say that it is going well! I tweaked this project a little though. My first step, (and admitedly pure amount of boredom) brought me to depot many of the palettes I owned.  This was a better idea than having to go through so many of them to finish up. I now have all the colors (that would actually depot) in one CD case.  It's nice to be able to have some more freedom this way. I say this because when I had the mini palettes it was too much work for me in the mornings to go digging through my drawers for another shade of brown, so I would just use the suggested mixes. Now I can see which shades of browns I have and can darken them up, or lighten them up! OOOOOOOH freedom haha.  
   It has also been rather amusing for me when I go into the drugstsore, because I do have so many products and colors I would use (in nailpolishes) that I usually leave the store with nothing more than a purchase of hand creme. Shopping my stash has gotten me aware of what products I do have and gets me to explore what I can do with them. I also came to realize how many similar or almost the same shades I have that I never touched! I was purely shocked. Well I am still into this project, and feel confident that I can downsize what I have into the drawer without needing the help of a male to push the drawer back! I may need a warning sign on it! Since I haven't really put a dent on my project I won't update you all on how its going, it will most likely be in my monthly favorites/ most reached for items instead. I will also let you all know what other products I finished out during this project :)
   Thirdly, how awesome is this, I looked at my subscribers and see that there are 7 of you reading this! It's really awesome to now see people reading this blog. Thank you all and please know that I appreciate you guys!
  Fourth, it's yard sale season!! I am so excited for the next bout of warm weather to go hunting for some goodies.  My dad and I are such amazing bargainers, and I am so ready to start looking at furniture and kitchen items.  Yep, I'm looking at apartments! While this is not an asap move, it is getting to that time where I need to stand on my own feet and take care of myself, but until then...I'm still happily living at home and workin hard for that money! 


Thanks for reading
xoxo
Ema

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see a picture of the CD case palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post them asap, I just haven't had much time to decorate them as much as I'd like. But I promise I will have them up! :)

    ReplyDelete