Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review on juice BEAUTY Green Apple Peel Full Strength

Hello ladies, so in the most recent Birchbox many received this product along with the moisturizer.  This is just my own view on the product and experience. I have never had a chemical peel done before because my skin is rather sensitive, but I figured that if Birchbox was giving them away, they must be easy and good products. Well...I hated it. I followed the directions to the T, and carefully put on this product.  I left it on for about five minutes when during that time I felt like my skin was burning. The instructions said to leave it on for 10 minutes total but by the 6 minute mark I could not take it anymore.  I prompty washed my face according to instructions, and the areas that had the peel on it were cooked lobster red, very tender and very much in pain. I put cold cloths on, and put on moisturizers so I could try to stop some damage.  It took about 4 hours for the redness to full go away and two days for my skin to stop being tender. During that time I did not use face products, toners, powders, foundations.  After the two days, my skin felt tight and frankly gross to the touch. I used my St. Ive's Apricot Scrub and only then did my skin feel back to its normal self.

I would not recommend this product because after getting much advice and risking my own skin, I can see how it can all go wrong.  The moisturizer given with the peel was so gross and greasy that I felt like I was rubbing lard on my face. After this product my skin was not radiant or smoother. I have better results with my own face scrubs from Clean and Clear or St. Ives. Ladies, do not risk your face. This is one treatment I would leave to the pros.

Overall Opinion: THUMBS DOWN. Throwing out my sample tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment