Monday, May 30, 2011

May Most Used Products

Hello all! Well, it is the end of the month, and of course I have a decent bunch of products that I have been using. This month I have been working on shopping my stash and rediscovering certain products. I have so many makeup products that refuse to die out so it was a why not. I will also include the products I finished out this month, and if I plan on repurchasing them. 






1. Maybelline Falsies Volume Express in Very Black: I have just found this mascara to be awesome and makes my lashes so lush! I didn't have to wait for the formula to thicken either. It did take a few tries to get used to the brush, but this is a great product!


2. Benefit Lemon Aid: This product is of course going to be on my favorites list because I use it all the time and even have a back-up of it. It takes a long LONG time to use up, and it is basically an eye primer that has a yellow tint to it to remove any veins or discoloration in the lids. It does wonders for my eye lids and has never creased for me. While it is a little more expensive item, I got a hold of the product on ebay, brand new and in box for 6.99!


3. Wet N Wild Kohl Eye Pencil in Black: I am still working on this eye pencil, but I really only use it to line the lower waterline so that might explain it haha.  I find this product to be a great one, and really has lasted me months and I still have a good chunk of it left to get through. This is just the standard wood pencil product and a gem because it is so inexpensive.


4. Benefit Boxed Blush in Dandelion: Another product that does not want to die! This blush is very light pink with gold and pink reflects in it. This is my all the time and any time blush and I find I can wear this product day or night, winter and summer. During the summer I use it more as a highlight because it just is shimmery enough for it. It leaves a lovely and almost innocent hint of color on the cheeks. 


5. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer: This is a product that I am not really loving, because this particular Morning Burst formula leaves me a little greasy/ shiny but I am really trying to finish this product out so I can go try something else.  It does moisturize the skin and really has no scent, but I am really ready to say good bye to it! 


6. Clean and Clear Deep Astringent for Sensitive Skin: This is such a great product. I use this every two to three days in a rotation and just find that it catches all the dirt from my face. I have been using this particular product for about 5 years and I really don't think I will stop using it. 


7. Harmon's Face Value Hydrating Toner: To be honest I bought this product because a close friend of mine kept going on and on about the need for a toner and how it's so amazing. So I went to my local discount beauty store and got this one. It's supposed to be a Harmon's dupe for a L'Oreal product. It works the same as my astringent and don't love the product. I don't think I'll be buying it again once I finish out the bottle, it takes up room on my counter!


8. Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant in Energize: I bought this deodorant on a whim and thought "hey it'll be summer, I'm starting at the gym and running outside and my car has no air conditioning so why not". I don't like it. First off, It's a cream texture (think gel deodorant) and while I really prefer the solids, I gave this a try. I feel like it just doesn't work for me and feel the need to keep using body sprays to feel comfortable. My solid and cheaper deodorants feel like they do a better job. Although I love the body spray version of this product, go figure!


9. Color Workshop Gold Eyeshadow: This is one of those very VERY old products that wore off the name. It was a product sold in CVS years ago and was one of those boxed sets. I typically thought that since they were so cheap that I would not like the payoff. Oh my goodness was I wrong. The golds and bronzes in those palettes are amazing and so soft! This month I wore a lot of the gold tones and just blended them out. Yep I am in summer mode already because the New York area has been seeing 80+ degrees for at least a week!


10. Sinful Colors Timbleberry Nail Polish: I have been painting my nails so many colors and just really haven't found my absolute favorite color, but I did wear this color two-three times this month and figured that maybe that meant it is my "favorite of the month". It's a red/ coral colored polish and is just fun. It's a nail polish that just makes me feel very happy and goes with a lot of my wardrobe. 


Now this month I finished out a few products too. These are the ones that I'm done with and if I will rebuy them: 


1. Avon Skin So Soft & Sensual Hand Cream: This was a great product and never left my hands feeling greasy. It has just a classic hand cream scent and soaked into my hands very quickly. While I loved it, I have so many hand creams to get through, I think I will pass on buying it again. 


2. L'essence de Provence linen water in Lavendar


3. InColor by Jordana Lip Shine Natural Glaze in Pink Grapefruit: A sheer gloss with a brush applicator, light grapefruit scent, and hint of color. It's not really an OH MY GOSH I NEED IT product. I used it, finished it, and will probably find another gloss to finish up. I have so many glosses that I think I will pass on buying it again. 


So lovelies, what products did you love this month? Which ones did you finish up? Any changes for your summer routine? Have a great day (or night!)


xoxo Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment