Thursday, March 24, 2011

MAX Factor and L.A. Colors Single


I was in the Dollar Tree near my hometown and just wandering through the makeup aisle because sometimes something catches my eye. It was actually a slightly disappointing day, until I came across this tucked away bin on the lower shelf, and lo and behold. There were several nice shades of eyeshadow singles. Now I was a little skeptical, because the last few shadows I bought were not good at all. But I feel like this was a little treasure trove I found.

The first MAX Factor eyeshadow I got was in the color buff. Now I had never used MAX Factor, so I was going into this blind. This shadow I bought because I had either pinks or whites, but no real nude colors. This was surprisingly lovely shade. It is a peachy toned shadow with light pink and gold shimmer. The best way I can describe it is, it looks like someone took a pearl and ground it up into this shadow. I love it!

The next shade from MAX Factor I got was burbon, which is a medium brown with golden shimmer in it. It has a good amount of pigmentation and I would definitly pair the buff and this one together for a nice natural look. Both come in 3.5 packages and clear tops so you can see what you got. They are not bulky and I have come to love this brand, and will continue to buy them if my Dollar Tree still has them.

The next two shadows are from L.A. Colors, and are a part of the mineral eyeshadow line. The first shade I got was gold, and when I swatched it, I was a little disappointed. It is not really a strong gold color, but it still holds its own. I would probably use this as an all over color during the summer.

The Second L.A. Colors mineral eyeshadow was in black and I have to say, I was surprised. This black has silver shimmer, but its not a strong shimmer, just enough to pick up light. The pigmentation on this is awesome. It is SO much better than the black I had in my NYC Mod Quad.

My one line rundown: Both eyeshadows are pretty great and I would really go out and grab them if I saw them. Check your Dollar Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment