Sunday, February 10, 2013

Project Pan Update

Hey all!
   Ever wonder how long it really takes to make a dent in makeup? I've been tracking via photos each month how much of a product I end up using, which had led to some interesting findings, and something I'd like to continue doing for the rest of the year.

So the first month I started taking photos was November where I went back to my makeup drawer and really went through what I wanted to use up.  The top left photo is the Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon single eye shadow in Nutty.  I was expecting this shade to be more taupe toned, but instead comes out more grey-silver.  It's still very pretty, just not 100% what I had hoped it to be.  The next product, on the top right is what I have been using as a setting powder, the LA Colors Pressed Powder in Nude.  It's not my favorite and does get cakey looking if you use too much, but it'll do.  This is just one of those products I want out.   Finally the bottom image is from a Color Workshop 15 pan "Little Black Book" palette.  It is all shimmery shades, and a neutrals set.  Not all are the same texture, but again they do the job.

November: I've only been using these colors this month for my makeup looks, and they turn out rather pretty.  I used a different moisturizer during this month, and it left my face so shiny, so I'd keep powdering my face.

December: The dent in the Nutty eye shadow is definitely getting bigger. The eyeshadow from Color Workshop does take a while to get through too.  It took two months to get through en entire small plan of shadow (highlight and blending) and hit pan on the next one.  The face powder had another month of heavy use, still not a favorite, it really makes me miss my last face powder, the ELF Complexion Perfection powder.

January: This month has really seen a good amount of usage and I even threw in another product that I've been working through but just never thought to take a photo of it.  The Wet'N' Wild shadow is getting along slowly, but it does have a nice sized dent too it.  The face powder still hasn't grown on me, and I don't think it will.  The Color Workshop palette saw little change, but now there are 2 empty pans.  I plan on using this until its 100% empty--so I have a while to go on it.   The newest addition (which is something I've been using for about half a year) is my Jordana Easyliner in Lavish Brown.  It's a creamy liner, with a nice amount of color/ pigment...it's just not long wearing at all and smudges easily.


Shall I continue with this series? Does this help anyone who is interested in planning out a "project pan" project?  

xoxo,
Emi




2 comments:

  1. I like these posts! I like empty posts/ project pans you name it! lol I don't know why...I guess well...okay I don't know :p But you are plowing through those shadows! I'm starting a mini project pan, which is my current powder, and I think 4 lip glosses that are almost empty (but they just won't run out!) and a few different deluxe samples (mascaras). I need to target one or two shadows to make a dent in those. *Jesh this was long!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's awesome to hear! But I swear I look at how long I've been working with this stuff and I think OMG when is this gonna end!? It's funny when we finally start to use our stuff, we realize really how long it takes to get through it all. I think at this rate I'm set for the next 5 years with all my eyeshadows and blushes! Thank God I like the same looks!

      Ashley, are you also blogging about it? I would love to hear about your experiences!

      Delete