Friday, July 27, 2012

Jordana Easy Shine Glossy Lip Color

Hey All,
     So all the new rage has been Balm Stains. Tarte has had them for  a while, and Revlon came out with them. It seems that every makeup obsessed gal has one, two or maybe all of them.  They are the "it" product of the summer it seems.  Well, needless to say, I decided to look through my makeup stash and double check if I had anything similar to these stains.  My mentality had been "if I have it already I won't go out and purchase it." Now the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains run for 7.99 to 10.49 (the highest price being at CVS *YIKES!*) and they do have some really great colors.  But with my tan skin, I was looking for a nice, bright (ish) pink, and all the Revlon colors seem to be a little too cool toned on my skin (my friend let me try on the 5 she had) .  So granted, no I don't own personally the Balm Stains, but I did find a product that I would say is rather similar.

The Jordana Easy Shine Glossy Lip Color in 07 Watermelon Juice is a product I bought a while back, but didn't really start using until last month.  It is in a stick formula, and is build-able in color. It starts of glossy looking, but after a while the shine wears off and you are left with a lovely stain on the lips that lasts you for the next few hours.  What's great is that this product goes for 1.99 at my local Walgreens and there is a decent color selection. I do own two other colors, but alas haven't worn them to vouch for them yet.  But each color's name has a corresponding scent, so watermelon juice does smell like watermelon, berry colada smells like berries and coconuts, etc.
The Tube

The actual stick of gloss
A swatch on my wrist.

The Jordana website does not claim that these are long wearing nor stains, but for someone who wants a little bit of the trend but isn't ready to fork over that 10 bucks, it's a good try. 

So a quick rundown:
Pros:
- 1.99 (aka cheap)
- good amount of product
- smooth texture
- leaves a glossy shine (for a little while)
- great color

Cons:
- Once the shine goes away, and your left with the stain, your lips do feel dry
- Not a huge selection of colors (the general line I mean)
- the packaging: The stick of gloss does stand above the actual plastic tube when you first get it, so putting the cap back on I find that I bump and nick the product a little bit. But once you start using a little of the product, it isn't noticeable. (not a huge grip but some might find it annoying)

Final Verdict:
  I like this product. I find that this is something fast to apply and takes out that 2 part lipstick and gloss process.  The color is bright, yet wearable to work.  I would repurchase this color, and at 1.99 what a steel!

Have you tried the Jordana Easy Shine Lip Colors?
xoxo
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment