Monday, June 18, 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB

Rarely to I come across products that are such fails that there is nothing I can do with it. I can actually count on my one hand those products. This is now one of them.  The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB "8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Light Sheer Tint". The back of the package states: Enhances skin with eight benefits in 1: blurs imperfections, enhances, brightens, adjusts to skin tone, smoothes, hydrates, SPF 30 protects, 0% oils and other heavy ingredients." The directions state: "For sunscreen use: apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure." 
The packaging
My camera (and lighting) turned this slightly yellower. But a pea sized amount.
Rubbed out I just get a sheen, but it dries down to nothingness.


There is a pro with this product, but it's not even the product but the display. There were small vials of each skin-tone available so I could more easily match myself to the right color...YAY and FINALLY for that. I hope more products (foundations in specific) do that because I'm getting tired of running back and forth to Harmon's. The staff already know me as the "make-up returning girl" -.-. 


You get 1 fl. oz or 30 ml of this product. Oh let's start from the top with this product. When they say sheer... it's so sheer that I am sorely tempted to go check if the darkest shade available will leave a tint to my skin. I matched myself for color and the next one up was too yellow for me.

The Eight Benefits:
1. Blurs Imperfections: Well...since there was NO COLOR how could it blur imperfections? That just didn't make sense to me. I tried to layer it but I still got no color improvement. I don't want to have to make tons of layers (essentially caking makeup) when this is supposed to be a product that would *in theory* work as several makeup products.
2. Enhances: enhances what? It is so vague...what is this product supposed to enhance on me?
3. Brightens: Ok so I got some dewiness with my application, so I suppose one can classify that as "brightening"? But I already have oily/combo skin, so adding more sheen to my face doesn't seem to make sense to me.
4. Adjusts to skin-tone: again...
5. Smoothes: I can say that my skin felt a little smoother and it did seem to fill in some pore areas, but for that I can get a primer.
6. Hydrates: It hydrated a little, but nothing noticeable or that my daily moisturizer can't do (and for cheaper by the oz)
7. SPF 30: A bonus, I will give it that
8. 0% oils and other heavy ingredients: good thing I guess?

Some of these benefits (to me) seem to just be repeating themselves, but if someone can help differentiate them for me, I'd be truly humbled.



Overall I'd class this as a sunscreen/ moisturizer being advertized as more than it really is or does. I purchased it at Harmon's for just about $6.90. After hearing everyone rave about the Garnier BB Cream I had some high hopes for this one but it really missed the mark. Another return for me...again...joy...BB Creams are supposed to help with anti-aging and are usually one color, both of which are not present with this product.The claims on this product are redundant, and seemingly useless. Which brand BB cream (from the drugstore) do you all suggest?


No comments:

Post a Comment