Friday, July 1, 2011

June Most Used

Hey everyone!
   So June came and went so quickly! It's been crazy in my area with the weather, upper 80's up to 100 degrees for most of the month!  What I realized when it comes to monthly favorites is that I might not use a lot of different products in one go, but I re-use or rediscover a lot of what I have because so many colors are similar to each other. I will try to omit a lot of the products I use a lot, because it gets repetitive and if you are wondering why I repeat some of these all the time, it is really because I haven't come across other products that I like as much as that one, or haven't gotten them. So let us start, these don't go in any specific order it's just whatever I grabbed out of my bucket first.

1. Jergens Natural Glow Face Daily Moisturizer in Medium: Yes I got into the Youtube rage of sunless tanners and bought this one. I have to say though, I don't like it for its basic purpose. I used it on my face and it had a strong scent that bothered me a lot, was oily, and even had me breakout. So I had this little bottle in my room and decided, hey! It's still a sunless tanner so I can use it on my body and at least finish it out. What I had to do because it still had a scent that was strong, was slather on an extra lotion with a citrus scent. But even then it smelled a little bit through. I won't repurchase this product because just the smell made me too self-concious.

2. Bath and Body Works White Cherry Blossom Body Splash: This was one of my favorite purchases from years ago. I remember when this product came out for the first time, and I still see why I love it so much. I like it even better than plain cherry blossom. It's light and summery, with the floral scent but it also smells like sunshine. Now you'll think I'm crazy for saying something smells like sunshine, but I'm sure you can all relate with that bright and sunny scent that when you step out of your house and take a deep breath in, and feel the sun on your face...it's just the sunshine scent haha.

3.Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Hot Magenta (03): I bought this color like 5 years ago, and felt like I could not pull it off so it sat in my nail polish box until I went hunting again.  It's such a fun and bright color. It has a metallic finish and only needs two coats. I would say that it's a dupe for OPI Pompeii Purple. It's so much fun to look down and see that awesome pop of color!

4. Elf lipstick in Seductive: So this was a product that I put into my rut bucket and I was nervous about it. I usually stayed with pinks or glossy looking lipsticks that looked like I was wearing a tinted gloss. I wore it to work for the first time with some Elf Studio Minty Gloss in San Diego and got so many compliments. It ended up creating a lovely coral shade but still muted within the red range. It has a more matte finish, but definetly worth the 1 dollar I paid.

5. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow (27): If you haven't noticed a pattern I love Sally Hansen nail polish. I feel like it doesn't get as much love, and this particular line gets only mentioned for the printed nail polish strips and for the crackle. They have so many colors in the Xtreme Wear line, and Mellow Yellow is that perfect mix of passing for a pastel and passing for a bright color. When I put it on, it made my hands look more tanned. Like that perfect extra boost to be a little darker.

6. Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in Light to Medium: I've learned a lot about bronzers recently and can say this bronzer has become a favorite. I use it mainly to contour and for the next and chest blending area. It has gold shimmer in it and a light floral-ish scent, which really doesn't bother me because it's pleasant. My dislike is the bulky packaging, but hey I won't cry over spilled milk.

7. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips for Blue Eyes: This was the first PF product I ever bought. I will state that it is all very shimmery and I pretty much only use 4 colors from the palette.  I love using the third shade from the top as an all over color, and its just bronzy and brown enough for me to blend out and go out. As great as it is, I never use the blues in the palette so I won't repurchase the product because paying 11.99 for something I use only 4 of and the bricks are small...yeah I can find something else to use.

So those are my top most used of the month. Has anyone else use these?

Happy Shopping! (specially those shoppin the stash! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment