Friday, September 27, 2013

Big ELF Haul Swatches

Hi All!
   Over on my youtube channel I posted a video with a large ELF haul but I figured a few extra swatches wouldn't hurt to show the true colors of the products.  The ELF website doesn't show the best swatches, and often the products aren't the colors they are shown on the site, so to help ya'll out here are a few from my purchase!

ELF Cream Blush in Heartbreaker
                                      
This feels like a mousse in constancy and seems to be pigmented but without being too much. 

ELF Studio Blushes in Candid Coral (L) and Peachy Keen (R) 
Both shades have a sheen/ shimmer to them which does leave a pretty highlight on the skin. I've never used a peachy blush so this could be interesting.  

ELF Eye Primer & Liner Sealer
It'll be interesting to see how this primer holds up to the other very popular ELF eyelid primers.  This is much thicker, like a concealer stick, but still smooth.  The liner sealer just seems like a good idea to have instead of tons of different color liners.  I've never actually tried a liner sealer, so this will be a real trial. 

ELF Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted
The shadow really looks sheer without a primer, but I could actually see this used as a bronzy cheek highlight.  With a primer (left side swatches) shows much better pigmentation. 


ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia
So the bronzer looks like it can be pretty dark, but the blush looks a lot like Benefit's Dandelion box blush.  I don't know about anyone else, but there seems to be a sheen/ very light shimmer int he bronzer pan, but it does not seem to show up in the swatch.  

ELF Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky
This is sooo light in my swatch and very shimmery.  This is very much a cheek shimmer or highlight, but it almost feels too shimmery.  I'll have to see how I can play with this little baby.  


ELF Studio Eyeshadows
Swatches L-R: Amethyst, Saddle, Wild Wheat, Buttercream
I really haven't heard people talking about these eyeshadows so I was inclined to try them out.  Without a primer (swatches on left) the light shades like Wild Wheat and Buttercream don't show up well, and the darker shadows don't show up as impressive as they seem in the pan.  But with some primer, the shadows seems to brighten up.  The only shadow I am a little bummed out on is the Amethyst because I thought it would be more purple rather than dark brown.  


ELF Studio HD Blush in Diva
So I'm sure with this swatch you see a line where I first started to blend this blush.  Not even 30 seconds later I went to blend this color more, and I saw the original swipe.  This is truly an over pigmented blush and already seems like it'll be more work than I want to put into for a quick swipe. 

ELF 3 in 1 Mascara Lengthen, Define & Volumize
I've never used an ELF mascara so it'll be interesting to test out if it is truly a lengthen, define, and volumize. 

ELF Studio Palettes Spotted & Sporty (Front) and Day on the Beach (Behind)
Spotted and Sporty is the more colorful of the pair, but some of the color swatches come out very pale and muted.  The blush on the palette is quite pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of the lipsticks being with the palette because the powder products can get in.  The spots in the eyeshadows do add some depth to shadows and even make them a little more wearable.  The Day at the Beach palette is more pigmented shadows and had a nice range of matte and shimmer shadows.  I don't see any doubles in the shadows too, which is a good option.  The big dud is actually the blush which was SO chalky and SO unpigmented that it was just a waste of time.  

32 Warm Palette
This palette was a great purchase especially to expand neutrals because it puts to perspective what ARE neutral shadows.  There are some dud shades like the dark black, matte shade that actually ends up looking like a dark grey.  The shade in the top right corner is extremely flaky and chunky, but most shades are worthwhile.  

Have you tried any of these products? What was your experience with them?
If you would like to see my entire haul here a link to my video!
xoxo
EMI

No comments:

Post a Comment