Thursday, April 12, 2012

Product Review: Stile Smudgeproof Eye Definer in Peacock

Hi Everyone,
            So going on with my products I'm working on getting through/ finally using, I decided to use the Stile Smudge proof Waterproof Eye Definer in the color Peacock.  I got this a few months back through my Birchbox and yep...JUST now started using it.  I've never used Stile products before although I have had a "makeover" done at Sephora using just Stila products.So you can imagine that I was rather excited to see how this color and product would work on me.
          The consistency of the liner is so smooth and creamy, so I can understand all the fuss about their texture. It went onto my waterline very nicely and even when I swatched it on my hand it was consistent and not bumpy or chunky. The color is this beautiful deep aqua with a metallic finish to it. I have never used a color like this before but it added such a nice emphasis on my blue eyes and gave me something different than my typical browns.
        I wore this color with a purple/ neutral eye to just allow for the blue to really pop but the purple makes the look come together. I have been able to wear this look to my job which is very conservative and my boss had no issues with the color so that is an added bonus! (yay)
       Now for the disappointing part of this product (there just always seems to be one!) This liner was not waterproof nor smudge proof. When I swatched it on my hand it was tough to get off and all I could think about was how awesome this would be on the water line. WRONG! Within an hour the color faded from the deep aqua to a lighter aqua (still pretty but if I wanted a light aqua I'd BUY a light aqua). While it didn't smudge easily, it still had a decent amount of smudginess that actually left lil lines of the color right under my eye. I don't know if I could say that it is waterproof because it did obviously start to breakdown after 2 hours or so.

Final Verdict?
- I like the color and the product but if I am going to purchase a product that claims to be smudge proof and waterproof....it better BE smudge proof and waterproof. It isn't a repurchase but I do like it for just that added boost.

Have you tried this product? Can anyone suggest a good liner that is REALLY waterproof?
xoxo Ema
     

No comments:

Post a Comment