Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: L'oreal Skin Expertise Go 360 Clean Cleanser


HI Everyone,
  I am always interested in skincare, probably because I do have skin that while is not acne prone, does have blackheads and easily breaks out (primers + my skin = disaster!) So my review today is about the L’oreal Skin Expertise Go 360 Clean cleanser in the Anti-Breakout Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment. There are other available like the Cream Cleanser, Exfoliating Scrub, Sensitive Skin Cream Cleanser,  and a Facial Cleanser. All of the products come with the little scrublet that pops out of the bottle itself. I got the bottle with an additional trial sized Exfoliating Scrub, so I ended up being able to test and try out two products for the price of one. I have combination skin for those that are wondering of course skincare is different for everyone, because of climate, pollution, stress, age and our own body chemistries (just a side note!)
My first impression about this product was just “oh my gosh what a gimmick”. I didn’t purchase this when it came out and just thought this is nothing worthwhile. It was not until I saw it on half-off that I figured okay let me try this thing. 

The Anti-Breakout cleanser is with salicylic acid, which is something I tend to look for in my products because it seems to work best for my problems. The cleanser is a clear gel with a gentle cleanser smell. I only need one or two drops of the cleanser onto the scrublet for my face, so it really has taken a while to work through the product (I’m about ¾ through the bottle, use it daily, and it has been about 2 months since I bought it). It foams up nicely and I do feel the cleanser working. My skin always feels nice and clean when I am done, so the cleanser itself is great. I have fewer blemishes, and when I do feel one coming up, it kill the bacteria quickly so there is a shorter amount of time that I have to deal with the blemish.  Thumbs up on the Cleanser!

The scrublet is an interesting little thing. It is a soft rubber (silicone I suppose) that has little finger-like bristles. This does help the product get onto my skin, and while I don’t think it is the be-all-end-all, it does help remove makeup. It works better than just my fingers or a washcloth.  While I won’t buy the product specifically for the scrublet, I do find that it does come in handy. It has a little suction cup back so I just stick this on my tiled shower and never have to go in search of it.  

The one portion that I really disliked about the product was the trial sized exfoliator. It says it has natural apricot beads, but it did nothing exfoliating for my skin. It uses a clear gel as the base, but the beads get stuck in the scrublet and just clog it up stopping any actual scrubbing. I would pass on this product, thank goodness I got it as a free trial. I won’t go back for this. When I think of a scrub I want a few abrasive grainuals…this was nothing in comparison. 

The Cleanser and Scrublet fold neatly into each other, so it doesn’t take up much space. I will be repurchasing this product once I finish all the rest of my cleansers because it makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed! 

Run Down: 
Acne Cleanser: LOVE
Scrublet: cute addition but not a part that I will be buying specifically just to have
Exfoliating Scrub: Not exfoliating, not buying!
Have you tested the other products from this line out? How did you find them?

Xoxo
Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment