Saturday, November 26, 2016

Valentia Pure Glow Moisturizer

Hi all,
I was contacted again by the Valentia brand to try something new from their line of skincare,
this time it was the Pure Glow Moisturizer. This product retails for $25 US dollars and is 4oz or 120 mL.  The moisturizer comes in a brown glass bottle with a great pump to really dispense the right amount of product.  At first when I saw the price tag, I was uneasy, but then when you look at the product size itself, it's a fair amount.  Valentia actually advertises this as a 4-6 month supply, which already seems quite accurate, as I've been using this product for just under a month and barely made a dent.

This particular item is Vegan, Organic, made in the USA, Cruelty Free and made with natural ingredients. According to the website, the moisturizer is made with Ginseng and Kojic Acid for dark spot fading, and Hyaluronic Acid, Safflower and Shea Butter for moisture replenishment.

The product claims in the short term (with my own commentary):
- Provide all day hydration: This is a lighter moisturizer, which would be great come spring and summer, but with the current fall/ winter cold, I found this not strong enough to keep away minor dry skin.  I did enjoy it, but would pull this back out once it's warmer weather.
- Instantly restore radiance: I hesitate with this one, as I feel like I don't quite see a "radiant" complexion as soon as I apply this. How does one really measure radiance? My skin didn't look particularly dull or feel gross, so if we go by that definition... sure it's radiant.
- Tight skin feels nourished: I've got to admit, I hate when companies put claims like this... on a MOISTURIZER. Duh, I'm putting on moisturizer to nourish my skin after it has been properly cleaned. But, I would mention that my skin soaked in the formula, and didn't feel dry or tight one hour, four hours, and even 8 hours later.

For the long term (also with commentary):
- Lightens dark spots: I can't state if I see a change yet, as these types of products, as the claim even states, are long term. Check back on my Youtube channel empties to see how that one works out!
- Evens skin tone: Again, less than 30 days doesn't give you much time to truly test this one out.
- Diminishes fine lines: I'd be interested to see how it claims to do this... again later time and date.

So my initial thoughts on this product are positive and I would consider purchasing this product, even with the $25 price tag. You get a lot of product for this price, and I'd argue that one does end up spending about this much in the drugstore for a 4-6 month supply as well. You can buy it on their website or off Amazon.

Thanks to Valentia for sending this product to me, and as always, these are my unbiased reviews of these products.  My links are not affiliated and I do NOT earn any commission off these products, I added them just to make shopping a weee bit easier! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment