Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag!

Hi All! 
So I'm a pitiful mess because I'm currently sick (thanks be to my little sixth graders...I'm so changing where the hand sanitizer and tissues are located when I'm back in my classroom) and was thinking about what to post on here.  I've been a little at a loss at what to write since I've been using a lot of the same products for several months. But I came across this tag on Beauty Broadcast today, and couldn't think of anything more fun to try! I tag anyone and everyone!
 
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It depends.  When it's cut short, it hangs pretty straight, as it gets longer it starts to wave or curl at the ends.  But it's also a little frizzy so I usually blow dry it, or at least straighten my bangs. 
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair in a few years.  At least not since my Junior Year of high school (aka 6ish years ago) My hair during the winter turns light brown and during the summer becomes a mix of red and blonde highlights, which I totally adore.  When I dye my hair, I lose those natural highlights.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I more or less stick to the same hairstyle simply because I need to be up at 5:45am, and need to beat traffic to school, clinicals or my job. I do try to use hair accessories to switch it up, but my hair is usually down with a little teasing at the crown for volume.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I mainly do my own mani/pedis. Although it is a ritual with my mom and sister that at each season change we go for a girls date for both.  There is a salon near me that does an amazing spa mani/pedi for 25 bucks.  But when it comes to the weekly/ day to day, I will do my own nails because I have such a vast nail polish collection. (Why let that all go to waste?)
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
It can range from 3 times a week to once a week.  I work two jobs, and one I NEED to maintain a polished appearance, so if I'm short on time during the week,right before my shift I'll do my nails nicely.  But when time allows, I love to change my nail color to bright and fun shades for my students. 
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I'm lazy when it comes to winter-time, and will still paint my nails but won't really take as much time on the upkeep of changing it.  Summer time it my main season for switching up the colors.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
About 10 minutes...I don't really wear a lot on a day to day basis. If I know there is a special occasion, I might take longer.
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Well, my daily "face" makeup is usually concealer, face powder and blush.  I like to focus more on my eyes because even if there is an imperfection on my skin, the attention is drawn away from there.  I have a weird routine where I start with under eye concealer, then my eyes, then move down to cheeks and finally lips. It's worked for me so far!

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I used to just buy buy buy but recently I've been more careful about what I actually need.  After doing an organization of my makeup, I realized I had a lot of similar shades, so I've cut back on going out and buying more.  I have only really purchased products that I've come to need (ie face creams, cleansers).  Makeup is something I think I'm set for the next few years.  Don't get me wrong, I love seeing a lot of products, but I also know I won't get to use it all if I continue on, hence why I've taken this year to focus on finishing my stuff so I have a nice condensed collection of products that I truly love. 

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I don't.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Nope, I give my face a day or two to breathe when I can.  I find that helps will keeping blemishes at bay.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
When I'm with family, yes. When I'm home alone...not really.  I will usually do a spa time when I'm home alone (a rare treat at that!) and will just take the time and effort to ensure I'm moisturized and well cared for.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
 I have done that, when it is really just a last second rush to the post office or supermarket because I forgot an ingredient for dinner. I do try to put a little on when I feel like I might run into a longer stretch of time.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I have a very small amount of high-end products.  I previously couldn't justify the costs (because I would spend so much on drugstore) now I find I can splurge a little...although I will typically hint towards something as a holiday or birthday gift.  I can truly count on one hand the high end products I have. 

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I decide as I'm getting dressed.  I will sometimes plan ahead, but come morning I won't be in the mood to actually wear that particular outfit.  Most nights I do stick a post it and check on the status of certain options for the next day.  

16. How often do you change your handbag?
My main bag is a large, red, Liz Claiborne bag I got from my parents a year back for teaching.  It carries everything and more.  On a going out to the mall or date night I will use my smaller hand bags, typically one from NY & Co. in a classic black.  I like big bags because I always find a need for the extra space.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I wake up during the week at 5:45am and go to sleep around 11:30/ midnight (although I have been known to fall asleep at 8 or 9pm ahhh the college life). On weekends I'm usually up at 8 for my job or church, and go to sleep around 12/1.
18. How often or when do you workout?
I don't workout as much as I should.  That said, I'm looking into several programs...from gym membership to at home zumba videos.  (If you have tried those at home Zumba programs please tell me how they are...I need some honest opinions!) I need to improve my health before I travel to Europe in June to participate in several grad school opportunities.

19. Left handed or right handed?
Righty! Although in sports I'm left dominant.

20. How tall are you?
5 ft 1.5 inches...although I try to round up ;)

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak Polish, and will be focusing this next school year on expanding my usage of it.  I speak a tiny amount of Spanish due to abysmal Spanish teachers.

22. How many pets do you have?
I have part time custody of a Boxer/ Coon Hound rescue (he spends most of his time with his "dad" *ie my fiance*) and also two kitties also rescues and also mainly with their "dad".

23. How often are you on Blogger?
It depends on my schedule.  I try to get onto my blog at least twice a month, but sometimes it's tough because I'm not changing much of my routine. 

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
When someone comments on my blog: yes.  I also try to respond because I find it important to keep contact with the ladies who take the time to read my posts. 

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Not really, but I do take note of colors and how applied.  I realize that I like certain colors and won't stray far from them.  I don't need 10 of the same shade when in the end it looks exactly the same on my lips. 

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Food and culinary arts was my original love.  After my plans to go into the culinary arts crashed through, I took time to look at a new career and learned more about makeup. It's still a play on words because I still love food, and want to take better care of myself...but a sense of humor always makes a situation a little better :D

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Just my IPhone...my laptop doesn't play nice and won't upload regular camera photos. 

28. How often do you clean your house?
I try to clean a little each day.  Planning a one day clean out never has worked for me.

29. What's your favorite color?
I'm a sucker for deep ruby red and deep plum.

30. Do you swear?
Nope.  Working around kiddos keeps me focused on what I say.  I also am often around my 5 year old twin nieces and they parrot everything I hear.  

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Working on a thesis assignment and then having a Nyquil and going to sleep!
Who else wants to take a stab at this?
xoxo,
Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment