Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ramblings

so....I exercise. I watch what I eat (most days) but I love my wine and beer. I have a good amount of tolerance, and especially since my trip to Spain (which was wine/beer fueled from 10am) I have found it harder and harder to lose weight. Now call me vain, but I won't see my fiance for the entirety of October, and our aniversary is at the end of the month...and I want to show up at our mutual (weekend) event looking banging (semi....kinda...sorta). I want to fit into a dress I own and feel good in it...mainly...this blog being a beauty blog...I want to be healthy.  Now with 21 credits, student teaching twice a week and working 16-20 hours a week and maintaining Honor's level status is crazy busy. But for the month of October...I will give up alcohol beverages and make sure I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. My only exception will be on my father's birthday which we are going to a very fancy restaurant that makes my favorite cocktail properly. But I want to get through 31 days of no drink...which I would safely say is my biggest barrier to losing weight.

Why is this so hard for me? My friends and I commonly meet at the local bars, which when we present our school ID's...we get discounts (I'm 22 mind you) and being me...I drink a good amount (not drunk...high tolerance woot!) but still. This isn't the best option to lose weight. I tried finding my favorite European beers and had a heart attack. SOOO...with the fiance being a part of organization that have many holiday parties...I want to also FEEL pretty. I'm not saying skinny...but pretty. I can't look in the mirror without a critique and high heels only do so much.

So here is my official no drink (other than one night being my father's bday) October. I want to lose 5 pounds by Novembre 8th...which doesn't seem like a lot, but my current medical condition isn't really nice to me so that means A LOT of work. Are you gonna join me? How much do you want to lose?

Best of Luck
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment